Tuesday, January 8, 2008

the music box

Whistling into the winter air, I am still searching. You are so long gone. Lonely roads stretch on and on. I have my heart in my hands, I want to give it away, leave it somewhere by the road where the colours it emits would mingle with sky, maybe the air would soak it in its silver dye.

I can hear snatches of conversation, moments of pain and elation. I can feel your breath next to mine…and then that stormy morning when you walked away. I can see shadows, like sketches lying patiently on the ground.

Will you cross my path again? Will you stand by me and smell the rain? Can I trust you with the secrets of my crazy, yet passionate mind? Will you tell me the colours of the rainbow or of a pain filled time?

I must walk away. It’s getting darker and colder, I can feel my self drift into a world where I don’t want to belong.

I need warmth of open arms, maybe a new dream.

And the man and woman sway slowly, on and on. Within the music box of my heart.

7 comments:

Ero-Sennye said...

nice work! although , I'm a lil bit confused how the last line fits in... You're talking about wanting to find new love (or just to overcome old love), and then wandering off into memories of love gone by, and then trying to not spiral into a very bluesy mood... and the last line?

rajiv chandoke said...

'the music box' is a fine expression of pain and hope.
particularly the phrases - lonely road stretches,shadows,like sketches lying patiently on the ground are beautiful !
there is also an unmistakable element of ambivalence that runs throughout.
nice job.

Anonymous said...

Sweet.. you are.

blinded blue teddy said...

You are too.

Anonymous said...

from behind a tree...
i thought i saw u wipe off a tear...
but hoped it was just the dust and wind...

from behind a bush...
i thought saw u choke on an emotion and cough...
but hoped it was just the dust and wind...

from behind a tinted glass...
i saw u look up at the skies and sigh...
but watching u relaxed...and beautiful...
i smiled...
and hoped it was just the dust and wind...

blinded blue teddy said...

Thats' beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad u liked it...bt nothing in comparison to "the music box". 'the music box' is the inspiration to write it.
keep smiling...